Parents Action Group
We are always on the look-out for new parents and carers that use the Centre to join our Parents Action Group. Have a say, help develop the Folkestone Early Years Children’s Centre and the services we deliver.
What do we do?
Here’s just some of the things the Parents Action Group gets up to:
- Fundraising for the Centre by holding fetes, bag packing at local supermarkets, tombolas and more – we’ve even abseiled down the Leas Cliff Hall in Folkestone!
- Supporting the Centre’s Staff during Stay and Play sessions
- Responsibilities include looking after the Parent’s Room and the Kitchen
- Representing the Centre at District Advisory Board meetings
- Parent’s voice – having a say in what happens at the Centre and identifying training needs for parents
The money we have raised has helped to fund an annual 2-day camping trip, to support a family holiday for a parent with cancer, to purchase Christmas presents for the children and has contributed to whole Centre outings to local attractions.
Come and have a say – everyone is welcome
Meetings are held on a monthly basis. Please contact Reception for the next meeting date.